Had a nightmare that I accidentally copy-pasted a word document to tumblr that had me and Bro’s offline names on it and was desperately trying to find and delete the post.
sadtrashhobobuckybarnes said: Hello yes, there is no point to this message except to complain about how people who obviously do not use any other colloquialisms in their speech but use "folks" in sj contexts makes me want to bite off their ears. (I'm sorry for bothering you but you're the only person I know who also gets mad about this.) Also you are wonderful and important. ANYWAY. Continue conquering etc.
BODIES BODIES BODIES FOLKS FOLKS FOLKS
LOOK AT ME, TALKING LIKE ONE OF THE PEOPLE
[image: gif of the squeaky shark in Toy Story wearing Woody’s cowboy hat saying “LOOK AT ME! I’M WOODY! HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY”]
HARRIET TUBMAN ESCAPED FROM SLAVERY AND THEN WENT BACK TO GET OTHERS. LIKE, I KNOW YOU KNOW WHO HARRIET TUBMAN IS AND THAT SHE DID THAT, BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO TAKE THAT IN FOR A SECOND.
HARRIET TUBMAN WAS HELD CAPTIVE AND BOUND TO UNPAID, BACK-BREAKING LABOR SINCE BIRTH UNDER PENALTY OF TORTURE OR DEATH. SHE MANAGED TO ESCAPE THAT LIFE, AND SHE TURNED THE FUCK AROUND AND WENT THE FUCK BACK TO GET EVERYONE ELSE WHO WAS STILL TRAPPED IN IT. AND THEN SHE DID IT AGAIN EIGHTEEN MORE TIMES.
WHEN ABRAHAM LINCOLN WAS UNSURE WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS PREPARED TO MAKE A STAND AGAINST SLAVERY, HARRIET TUBMAN BASICALLY SAID HE SHOULD STOP BEING SUCH A DIAPER BABY AND THAT GUYS WHO ARE TOO SCARED TO END SLAVERY DON’T DESERVE TO WIN WARS.
NOT ONLY DID SHE SECRET OVER 300 SLAVES TO FREEDOM ON THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD, BUT SHE ACTED AS A SPY FOR THE UNION ARMY DURING THE CIVIL WAR, AND BECAME THE FIRST WOMAN TO LEAD AN ARMED ASSAULT IN THE CIVIL WAR. THAT RAID BROUGHT FREEDOM TO OVER 700 SLAVES IN ONE GO.
SO I JUST WANT YOU TO STEW ON THAT FOR LIKE A MINUTE. ACTING IN THE SHADOWS, SHE WALKED INTO HELL ON EARTH 19 TIMES TO SAVE HER FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS FROM THE TORMENT SHE ENDURED, AND THE SECOND SHE WAS GIVEN EVEN A MODICUM OF POWER, SHE MANAGED TO FREE SEVEN HUNDRED SLAVES IN ONE DAY.
I GUARANTEE, HOWEVER IMPRESSED YOU ALREADY ARE WITH HARRIET TUBMAN, YOU ARE FALLING LIKE AT LEAST 40% SHORT OF HOW IMPRESSED YOU SHOULD BE WITH HARRIET TUBMAN. SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST EXAMPLES OF BADASSERY IN THE ENTIRETY OF AMERICAN HISTORY.
So I went to see The Boxtrolls today having been very excited about all of the publicity, the general theme of the film, and all of the posters I saw of what appeared to be same gender families.
I left the cinema in tears because of it. It’s very transmisogynist. I do not advise anyone, especially trans women, to see this film. I’ll explain why below.
TW FOR THE CONTENT BELOW. It contains spoilers and descriptions of transmisogyny.
according to buzzfeed my dominant emotion is “awkward”
I was not aware that awkward was an emotion thank you buzzfeed truly we learn new things every day
other things of note
- Minnie Mouse is maybe one of the universe’s most powerful wizards alive
- you inexplicably gain the power to summon Chicken Little; this is never really addressed or brought up in any sort of story context from what i remember
- Donald Duck nearly succumbs to avarice at the hands of an egg jewel and probably almost becomes a greed elemental or something
- Tifa from FF7 bumps into you, asks you if you’ve seen Cloud, kicks a wall and then leaves abruptly
- Goofy becomes a turtle on multiple, separate occasions
- Yuna, Rikku and Paine from FF10-2 are fairies
- real quote from Mickey Mouse, wearing a black hoodie: “Hey fellas! Did someone mention the Door to Darkness?”
- you, an anime character, and your friends, cartoon characters, enter the hyper-realistic world of Pirates of the Caribbean
- you become a lion. Pete also becomes a lion and turns Scar, from The Lion King, into the in-universe equivalent of a lion Dracula
- Pete has a fierce fight with Pete from the past
- the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty give you more powerful pants
- Winnie the Pooh has no idea who you are
Got a laptop cooling pad thingy this was a good life choice even though I really didn’t want to go to the store after work. But now I can keep my laptop cool so that is good.